What are the fee and payment policies?
How do I reschedule, cancel, or get a refund?
- To reschedule or cancel your test, log into your Praxis account OR call ETS Customer Service.
- If you want to avoid forfeiting your fee, then you must reschedule or cancel at least 3 days before your test date (not including the day of your test).
- If you cancel your test at least 3 days before your test date, you may be eligible for a 50% refund of your test fees.
- The remainder of your payment will be retained to cover expenses for processing your registration and holding space at the test center.
Who is eligible for a fee waiver?
Our fee waiver program is designed to support aspiring educators who may need financial assistance. You’re eligible for a fee waiver only once during a testing year, and there are a limited number of waivers available per test date and per institution. All requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
To be eligible, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You're receiving financial aid.
- You’re enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program and can provide a current Enrollment Verification Certificate. (You’re ineligible if you have a master’s or a doctoral degree.)
- You can provide the 2023-2024 FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) that shows an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $3,000 or less.
- You’re required to take a Praxis test by an authorized score recipient.
What fees are waived?
- If you qualify, the test fees for up to three Praxis Core tests or one Praxis Subject Test may be waived. If you’re requesting a fee waiver for all three Praxis Core tests, the voucher issued to you will be for the combined test code (5752).
How do I apply to waive my fee?
- Complete the Fee Waiver Request Form (PDF).
- Obtain a current Enrollment Verification Certificate from your institution. It must include a school seal, National Student Clearinghouse watermark, or the signature of the registrar.
- Obtain the 2023-2024 FAFSA SAR.
- Submit your request by email: Scan all documents, attach them to your email, and send to PraxisFeeWaiver@ets.org OR submit your request by mail: Print and mail the form and documents to: ETS - Praxis; PO Box 6051; Princeton, NJ 08541-6051.