Reading Specialist (5302)
The Reading Specialist test is intended primarily for persons who have advanced academic preparation and/or who are being considered for supervisory or instructional positions related to the teaching of reading instruction in grades K–12. The test is most appropriate for candidates with advanced preparation (i.e., those with a master’s degree or course work comparable to the training needed for a master’s degree) who expect to have specialized responsibilities related to the teaching of reading at any level from kindergarten through twelfth grade.
For a detailed overview, sample questions and tips for studying, download these free resources:
Test Preparation Products
Practice Test: Reading Specialist (5302)
Boost your confidence for the Reading Specialist (5302) test. Take a full-length, interactive practice test with 95 questions covering all the topics on the test, such as curriculum and instruction, assessment, professional leadership, and more.
- Check your State Requirements to see what tests your state requires for licensure.
- Find Strategies and Tips to help you effectively prepare for test day
- Watch these Videos and Webinars to see what to expect on the day of your test and how to navigate a Praxis test.
- The Praxis® Tests Information Bulletin (PDF)
- Disability Accommodations