The Journalism assessment is designed and developed through work with practicing teachers and teacher educators to reflect the journalism curriculum and to reflect state and national standards for journalism, including the Standards for Journalism Educators (2019) developed by the Journalism Education Association (JEA). The 120 selected-response questions cover a range of subjects encountered by teachers of journalism and advisers of scholastic media.
For a detailed overview, sample questions and tips for studying, download these free resources:
Test Preparation Products
Practice Test: Journalism (5224)
Boost your confidence for the Journalism (5224) test. Take a full-length, interactive practice test with 120 questions covering all the topics on the test, such as foundations of journalism, journalistic practices, journalistic standards, ethics, and more.
- Check your State Requirements to see what tests your state requires for licensure.
- Find Strategies and Tips to help you effectively prepare for test day
- Watch these Videos and Webinars to see what to expect on the day of your test and how to navigate a Praxis test.
- The Praxis® Tests Information Bulletin (PDF)
- Disability Accommodations