French: World Language (5174)
This test is designed to measure the knowledge, skills, and abilities of examinees who have had preparation in a program for teaching French in grades K–12. Because programs in teaching French are offered at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, this test is appropriate for examinees at either level. All sections of this test are at the Advanced Low level, as described in the proficiency guidelines of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL).
For a detailed overview, sample questions and tips for studying, download these free resources:
Test Preparation Products
Practice Test: French: World Language (5174)
Boost your confidence for the French: World Language (5174) test. Take a full-length, interactive practice test with 75 questions covering all the topics on the test, such as interpretive listening, interpretive reading, and more.
- Try the Built-in French-language tool bar simulation. To run the built-in character toolbar tutorial, your computer must have Java™ Runtime Environment version 8u281 or higher installed.
- Check your State Requirements to see what tests your state requires for licensure.
- Find Strategies and Tips to help you effectively prepare for test day
- Watch these Videos and Webinars to see what to expect on the day of your test and how to navigate a Praxis test.
- The Praxis® Tests Information Bulletin (PDF)
- Disability Accommodations